High School Academics
Are You Ready to Set SAIL?
A full list of SAIL courses will be announced to students at the end of the Spring semester, so students can plan their SAIL for the following year.
• All students, grades 9 – 12, are required to register for a SAIL course.
• Upon successful completion, students will receive a quarter credit.
- S.A.I.L. will allow students to tie several learning concepts from past and current courses into one engaging experience as well as create lifelong memories.
Our goals for SAIL:
- To reinforce ideas or concepts taught in the classroom in an out-of- the-classroom environment and to eliminate the misconception that learning only occurs in the classroom.
- To broaden the student’s worldview and appreciation of God’s creation.
- To challenge students to expand their knowledge beyond present experiences.
- To deepen relationships among students and between students and faculty.
- To encourage a lifelong love of learning.
2017-18 SAIL Trips
Mission Trip to the Dominican Republic
NYC: The Broadway Experience!
Caving & Rock Climbing
Respite Retreat (girls only)
Driver’s Education with Haman’s New Drivers
Chicago: The Windy City Whirlwind Tour
Internships Across the Country
Costa Rica Cultural Experience
Appalachian Trail Hike (Smokies)
Made with Love (Scarves for Troops)
Tennessee: The Musical Legacy
Team Southside: Business Pitch
A Heart of Service for the Chattanooga Community
ACT PREP: Strategies for Success
College Campus Tours